Sunday, July 02, 2006

In the mood for some lace


Every now and then, I get in the mood to knit some lace. This year for my birthday I bought the Mananita (lace poncho) kit from www.schoolhousepress.com. If you have never been to this web site, it's the site from Meg Swansen and her mother Elizabeth Zimmerman. In the kit, I got a video showing how to do each stitch and the yarn to make it. The video has two different ways that you can make this poncho. I really like this one as it looks like its peacock feathers. The large holes are made with multiple yarn overs on one round and then you knit and purl quite a few times as you come to the yarn overs. I have worn this over a bright pink tank top and a pair of denim capris, but I also think it will look gorgeous over a black dress this next winter.

No comments: