Sunday, July 02, 2006

Fiber fair project


On May 19, I, along with a couple of girl friends, went to the Snake River fiber festival in Idaho Falls. I have never been to something like this and I have to say I had a ball. I left here on Friday with a very sore back. I had hurt it earlier in the week and it was very hard for me to carry my wheel and supplies to the class I decided to take there. But, I was not going to let some back pain stop me! While I was there, I took a class from Carol H. Rhoads, who is the Tech. Editor for Spin Off magazine. She is such a delight, if you ever get the chance to take a class from her I would. The class I took was on spinning cameled and fine fibers. I learned how to spin cotton, silk, alpaca, angora, mohair and even bison. I had such a good time at the festival. Not only did I take the class, I went shopping. I left there with a huge tote bag of fiber and patterns and then another shopping bag of goodies. This is a picture of the felted Lucy bag I made from my hand spun. These fibers were in a kit I bought for $8 from the show. I made the strap longer so that I can wear it over my shoulder and across my chest. These are the natural shades from the sheep.

No comments: