Monday, July 24, 2006

Finished my cabled Cardigan


Well, it took me quite a long time but the cabled man's cardigan is finished. It was some what fun to knit. The big problem was the past few days have been over 100 degrees here in Idaho and having a wool sweater sitting on my lap was not fun. I'm not a real big fan of sweaters that need to be sewn up. I usually make ones that are done in one piece. But I do think this one did come out well. I have been working on this for a customer of the yarn shop I work at. I plan to use the money I am going to make for knitting this to buy a new used spinning wheel. One of my good friends is selling me a Schacht matchless single treadle for a very good price so for a while all me spare cash will go to getting this wheel. So it was worth working on the hot sweater to get the wheel.

1 comment:

Joni said...

The sweater is gorgeous! I hereby acknowledge your knitting superhero powers for working on it in the dreadful heat! :)