Monday, July 03, 2006

Fiber of the month



Today I started spinning with my fiber of the month roving. You may be aware that there are sock-of-the-month type programs going on all over the web. Where you send in money and each month you will receive enough yarn to knit a pair of socks. Well Spunky fibers also has a sock-of-the-month program but they also have a fiber of the month. The cost it pretty good. $15. I just started doing it this month so I thought I would show you the roving and then the single and then the 2 ply later when I'm finished. This months fiber is BFL (blue faced leicester)and the colorway is berry patch. I have 4oz. I did spin this very finely as I'm trying for a sport weight so that I can either make socks or maybe mittens. I don't know for sure. I have a friend that says you have to let your hand spun yarn sit for awhile and let it mature like wine. So I think this will be one that will needs to mature. If you would like to sign up for the fiber of the month, I think its great fun you can go to http://www.spunkyhats.com/acc_spunkyclub.htm for more information.

2 comments:

Knittymama said...

That is so pretty! I'm tempted to sign up too!

jenknits said...

Oh, temptation! I didn't know about this fiber of the month, so thank you for sharing the info! I placed an order.