Monday, July 02, 2007

Socks in one Day

Have you ever tried to knit a pair of socks in one day? Well today I did. I finished too! Now for the confession. This are baby socks. The cast on was only 32 stitches on size 2 needles. If you have not had the chance to see or buy ( which I highly recommend you do) Sensational Knitted socks by Charlene Schurch this is where the pattern came from. Its the sample sock towards the front of the book. Like I said it only has a 32 stitch cast on so they come out at about the right size for a baby. The yarn is new to the shop I work at and I wanted to try it out to see how the color change worked out. The yarn is elle Mexican Wave, the color way is black swing. Now if you have read my blog for any amount of time you know I'm a total yarn snob. I HATE acrylic yarn. I have been known to tell my knitting students that when it comes to picking yarn buy the best you can afford, but keep in mind that when you use acyclic its made from plastic so its kind of like putting a plastic bag on and wearing that around town. Anyway this acrylic is not so bad. Its very soft and it doesn't have that plastic feel to it. As you can see there is a subtle color change in the yarn.

No comments: