Sunday, July 08, 2007

Sock it to me swap -questions

What are your foot measurements? (Please give shoe size, length and circumference.) shoe size 6 ½ - 7, 9 inches long, circ. 8 1/2
How long have you been knitting? How would you rate your experience? (Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced.) I have been knitting for about 9 years. I would say I am more on the advanced side of knitting
What is your favorite color? Greens, purples, blues. Most jewel tones are fine with me.
Your least favorite color? Even though I live in Boise Idaho home of the Boise State Broncos I really don’t like the color orange.
Do you have a favorite fiber? I love natural fibers What type. Wool, alpaca, angora, etc
Do you have any allergies to certain fibers? No but I really hate acrylic does that count . LOL
Do you have an Amazon, or other type of, wishlist? (If so, provide the link.) http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/ref=sv_wl_4/002-8810084-5843251
What techniques, if any, would you like to learn? Well I’m not sure I really do enjoy all types of knitting, from lace to fair isle to all parts in between.
Do you have a sweet tooth? Yes What are your favorite snacks? I love dark chocolate, but I mostly only eat low sugar or sugar free types
What is your family situation? (Children, Husband, Pets...etc.) I will be married for 20 years on Aug 15, we have three daughters 16,13,and 9 of course they all knit.
Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Metal, plastic or wood? I have an allergy to metal so I only use plastic ( the old grey Susan Bates nylon ones are my all time favorites but really hard to find these days)if I can’t find a good nylon needle then I will use bamboo. I only use circulars for knitting anything but socks. For socks I am a traditionalist I know how to do and have taught the magic loop, and 2 circulars, but I would rather knit socks with dps.
Besides socks, what are your favorite items to knit? I love to knit Top down sweaters, I usually knit 3 or 4 a year. I also love to knit lace shawls
Is there a pattern, (sock or otherwise), that you are dying to try? The rogue sweater. I have looked at the pattern on line but have yet to buy and try it.
Do you like to read? What are you reading currently? Yes I’m a huge reader. Right now I’m waiting for Harry Potter book 7, then I have a Debbie Macomber series to read next. But I really love to read a good mystery.
Do you collect music? (On an iPod or MP3 player.) No I don’t have one yet.
What kind of music do you listen to? Oh boy I really like all kinds of music ( of course I don’t consider Rap music) but I would say my favorite is classical guitar.
Is there anything you collect? Sheep, Paddington bear
What are your hobbies, aside from knitting? I hand spin and crochet and tat
Are you participating in any other swaps or knit alongs? Not at the moment
Do you have a favorite scent? lavender
When is your birthday? (You don't have to add the year if you don't want to, LOL.)April 26

No comments: