Wednesday, July 25, 2007

And the socks keep coming



It has been so hot here in Idaho this month. We had only 2 days in the month of July that were below 90 degrees. Most days have been in the upper 90's and 100's. So I have spent a lot of time in the house trying to stay cool. Of course if you are knitting crazy like I am I have still been knitting. So here are a few of the things I have been working on. The first pair of socks are made with Hempothy and the pattern was a free one from Nancy Bush's web site. The other pair have a bit of a funny story to them. You see I have the issue when it comes to things matching. Well its more of an obsession. I just have to have everything match. So every Saturday when I walk into work I am asked to show my socks because they always match my outfit of the day. Well I chose then self striping yarn because I thought the colors were really neat. As I was knitting them I got a bit disappointed with how they were turning out. The yarn looked better in the ball then as socks. Well every month or so in the summer I take a couple of minutes and check on my wool sweaters to make sure there are no little critters having lunch. Well as I was looking through them I found a turtle neck sweater that I have and forgot about. Well they are a total match with the socks I have been working on. Yippee I can't wait to wear them this winter.

2 comments:

knitalot3 said...

It's pretty toasty over on this side of Idaho too (S.E).

I like your matching socks and sweater!

I've been known to start socks over a few times to have them match exactly.

I also have a pair of fraternal socks that I love. There was no way to match them.

Hope it cools down soon! LisaK

Lisa said...

Wow...If I'm right, that's four pair of socks in a very short time frame....

Please post the Nancy Bush link...I would love to troll around it too.

I love these last two pair alot!