Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I have yarn every where


One problem with being a spinner and working in a yarn store is, I have yarn everywhere! I know you might be thinking 'what the heck does she have to complain about.' Well I'm not really complaining but I do have a lot of yarn that needs to move from the skein stage and into the becoming something stage. Because I think of myself more as a learning spinner, I try to take some time each day or so to spin. Well I have hanks of yarn all over the place. I did sell a few skeins at the Fiber Festival last weekend but not enough to make a dent in my stash. So I thought it was time that I make something up. This is the result. They are crochet fingerless mitts. The pattern comes from the SRK leaflet by Kertzer. The leaflet is number 141 and you can find the pattern at www.kertzer.com. The pattern calls for two stands of Kid mohair called ovation, or about 115 yards and a size I hook. Well I used some wool/mohair blend that I spun up a while ago. To get the right gauge and to fit my cute little hand I had to go down to a G hook. I did have quite a bit left over so I may use that to make some cuffs or something.

No comments: