Thursday, February 08, 2007

Fiber, Fiber and more Fiber all over the place

Fiber, Fiber and more Fiber. I have in the last couple of days been flooded with fiber. Oh Yea! First in the mail came my Fiber of the month box. Amy at Spucky Fiber has done it again. This months offering is called "Walkabout". Her inspiration is the beautiful contrasts in color of Australia. From the Blue Blue skies to the Reds and rusts of the desert of the outback. I can't wait to spin this up to see how it turns out. By the way its 4 ounces of a nice and soft wool. My second box came from Woodland wool works. With some of my tax return money I was able to order some parts for my Matchless wheel, bobbins, whorls, a kate and some fiber. In the picture from the top at about 1 o'clock its called Karaoke which is a soy silk/wool blend. The color is called Mermaid and is on sale right now. At about 4 o'clock and 11 o'clock is 8 ounces each of Wensleydale handpainted. At 4 o'clock its called Oregon lakes and at 11 o"clock its called Fiesta. At about 6 o'clock is 8 ounces of colonial wool in the color of Tartan green. My husband as asked for a toque hat and I plan to spin this for the hat. I was also able to pick up some other great sale wool that I didn't add to the picture because of size. I picked up some Targee, Jacob, merino, Romney, some Blueface and some Wensleydale in white that I plan to dye in a sold color to match the handpaints. If you are in the need to add to your fiber stash you might want to check out Woodland at www.spinology.com they are great to order from and have some wonderful fibers.

5 comments:

Carissa said...

What great colors! It looks like you had a lot of fun picking out new fiber!

CraftyCarole said...

I'm absolutely drooling over that fiber.

Where can I find out about the fiber of the month club?

I'm spinning romney that I prepared myself from a raw fleece I bought right now... I have some Lincoln longwool, and some targhee in the wings waiting....

CraftyCarole said...

you don't have to post this..j ust wanted to say that I found the FOM button... DH bought my wheel from her! Thanks for listening

juuli said...

Ooh what fibers! I especially love the colors of the Walkabout. How are zou going to spin it? Navajo plz, no plz or regular? Would look great every way!

Melanie said...

Juuli, I usually don't Navajo ply. Even though I know how to do it, I prefer to make a 2 ply. I like how the different colors mix into a kind of tweed effect.So I'm thinking that is what I will do this time.