Thursday, February 08, 2007

Crochet!




I haven't talked about crochet in a long time. I have been crocheting for about 20 years. I did stop for a time as I could not find a pattern that I liked. I do on a a regular basis crochet baby afghans and regular size afghans. First let me start by saying that I was able to purchase a complete set of Palmwood crochet hooks from Bryspun. If you have never seen these hooks then you don't know what you are missing. They are, in my opinion, the best on the market. They are very smooth, I think smoother then the Brittany hooks. Plus they are just gorgeous. I'm currently working on a baby afghan. I'm using Caron one pound ball in a cream color. This pattern comes from the Leisure Arts book called Quick and Easy Afghans. This one takes about 14 ounces of yarn and uses a size K hook so it works up really fast. I'm trying to get a head of baby items. It seems there is always a new baby on the way and I want to get a bit of a stock pile ready so that I don't have to stop whatever I'm working on to make a baby item. I'm planning on also making a pink and then a blue one.

No comments: