Even though the month of February is beginning to wind down I have been working on a couple of projects for classes that I'm teaching. Durning the first two Saturdays I taught a class on how to steek a teddy bear sweater. Well everyone has been able to get there sweaters complete. A couple of the gals are finishing up the ribbing. Our plan is to donate our bears to the local police department, so that they in turn can give them to children that are in crisis. I plan to get a picture of all the bears at once add to the blog to be looking for it. Now that we have learned to steek we are tackling a big project. We are all working on a Lopi type sweater. Each gal chose her own pattern and we are now working through the color work and steeking if they chose to. I'm working on a pullover. I know I know its a bit of a cop out when the teacher of a steeking class doesn't do a steek. But I like pullovers better then cardigans.. Anyway the pattern I chose comes from the Reyonlds Lopi Book #22. This pattern comes it two forms. A cardigan and the pullover. The pullover is done in blues and oranges. The cardigan was in whites and tans. I chose greys to blacks.
My other projects that I started so that I could show my beginning Knitting class how to read a chart. This is the shawl on the cover of the Victorian lace today book, recently out by XRX. If you have been reading my blog for a while you know how much I love this book. I have a rule I don't buy a book unless it has three pattens that I would like to make. Well this book has only two things that I would not make so I bought it the minute it showed up at my local yarn store. I decided not to use the yarn called for in the pattern. Which was Rowan Kid silk Haze. Which is a lovely yarn that I have used before. But the problem I had was the only store that carries this yarn in my area I refuse to shop at. They have terrible customer service and I know for a fact as it happened to me, they photo copy patterns and sell them at full price, without checking with the designer. Anyway I chose to use Alchemy's Haiku. The picture doesn't show the color very well but its more of a lime green then yellowish. By the way the pink yarn on the bottom is part of the provisional cast on, it will come off later.