Thursday, January 18, 2007

Yet another Top down sweater but with a twist



Yet another Top-down sweater but with a twist. Or should I say lace. I'm in the process of teaching a class on the Top down sweater and this is the one I did in class. The difference in this one is the neck and cuffs and the bottom band.To start with the yarn is Cascade Cloud 9. Which is a 50/50 blend of merino wool and angora. The color is what I would call periwinkle. What I did different this time was instead of the usual collar and cuffs. I picked up the stitches for the collar and then using two strands I bound off in purl. I did the same for the cuffs. On the bottom I added about 3 1/2 inches of a lace pattern which was.( Yo,k2 k2tog,k2,Yo, k1) repeat around. I think it make the sweater look a bit more famine which works well with the softness of the the yarn.

No comments: