Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Baby Top Down Sweater

If you have been reading my blog for any amount of time you know how much I love to knit the www.knittingpureandsmiple.com top down sweaters. I have never made a baby one. You see I'm to old for babies and to young for grandbabies so I don't end up knitting little things very often. One of my girl friend's daughter had a baby boy a few months back and I have just now been able to get a sweater done. Like the adult size this one works up fast. I think it took me about 24 hours to knit, but it is done on a size 9 needle after all. I am a total yarn snob as a matter of fact I really hate to use anything by natural fibers. But for this one I decided to use Caron's Simply Soft. If you have to use an acrylic this isn't a bad one. The colors are blue white and just a little bit of yellow. I made the size 12 months so that he will be able to wear it next year too.

No comments: