Monday, September 03, 2007

A surprise Sock


Even though there is only one sock in this picture I did knit them both. My daughter is painting her bedroom and she is storing all her stuff in my yarn room so I can't find the other one at the moment but its in there. This pair of socks is for a swap partner but I'm not going to tell you who in chase you are a partner of mine. I will tell you that the yarn is Reynolds Whiskey and the pattern comes from Interweave Holiday special. They were so much fun to knit I really like the lace/cable pattern I'm thinking of putting it on a cuff of a sweater some time in the future. Also the toe was really fun. Once you get the foot to the point you want to start the decreasing what I did was on all four needles I knit 1 purl 1, knit to the last two stitches on the needle and purled them together. On the next round I just knit. On the third round I knit 2 sts, purl 1, knit to last 2 sts and p2tog. I repeated in the same manor until I had 8 stitches left and the closed up the hole with a darning needle. It kind of looks like a flower on the toe and it does fit nicely.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

They look great! Looks like I will have to get that pattern myself....Thanks for sharing.