Monday, September 03, 2007

Spinning at the fair

During the fair I had the great fun of doing a couple of spinning demos. I have so much fun doing this because is so neat to educate people about spinning. I am always asked why I would waist so much time spinning when I could buy it cheaper at Walmart. Yes its sad there are so many out there who are so uneducated in the fibers. My answer is always the same. "It may be cheaper to buy yarn at Walmart but if you add in the cost of seeing a psychologist, or alcohol, spinning wool is much cheaper, plus I do end up with some to show for all my money instead of a huge bill or a handover." below are the skiens I spun while at the fair. The pink are thrums that I bought at a show a few months back. I added some glitter when I plyed them together for a bit more glitz. The green was some alpaca/wool I bought at a local fiber store. I ended up with enough of the green to make the cabled socks that are in the current issue of Interweave Knits, which of course is my plan.

No comments: