Monday, September 03, 2007

Its 101 degree out side it must be fall

Yes its 101 here in Boise on the 3rd of September. Well I can't believe its September already. August just seemed to fly by, but it usually does with all the things we have to do for fair and then getting everyone ready for school. So we are all finished with fair. It went really well and we all had lots of fun. But I do have to tell you that I'm glad its over. As I talked about before I did enter a few things and did pretty well, OK I did really well. I won the Needle Arts sweepstakes award. I have already started on plans to win both the Needle arts and the grand Sweepstakes award next year. I will have to step up my knitting and crocheting to win however. I will also have to add some needle work too. I'm thinking of doing some needlepoint, cross stitch, candlewicking and maybe even design a couple of things. My plan is to work on something each month for the next year to show at the fair next August. So please keep checking back on my progress. I do have a funny story for all you tatters out there. I made the rounds last week to all the fabric stores in the area to look for candlewicking supplies. For those who don't know what that is, its a type of embroidery where you make designs with french Knots or colonial knots. Anyway I bought some muslin at ones store and the clerk asked me what I was going to do with just a half yard. I told her I was going to do some candlewicking. She said "Wow that's more of a dying art then tatting."

No comments: