Tuesday, March 27, 2007

What's coming next



Now I'm one of those weird people that can only work on one thing at a time. So I'm usually thinking of the next project while working on the current one. Sense I'm working on a simple garter stitch sweater I have lots of time to think about what's coming next. So here they are. On the left I am spinning some roving that I bought some time ago off of ebay. The listing was merino but I'm sure its not. But it is a beautiful wool anyway, its just not as soft as merino should be. Anyway I'm spinning a 2 ply DK weight for the Fiber Trends Spinner's shawl. I plan to add some beads to the edging too. I picked out some neat dark blue ones that are iridescent. On the right I will be teaching a class at the yarn store I work at coming up in April and this is the shawl we will be working on. I have made this shawl a few times but never for myself until now. I'm using Berocco's Alpaca wool blend. you can't really see in the picture but the color way is a navy blue but there are heather tones of red and light green. I hope to finish up the spinning for the Spinner's shawl the garter stitch sweater and the blue landscape shawl before Easter. So we will see if I can get it all done.

No comments: