Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A new Top down sweater?




Well after I did all that dyeing of rovings for the Fiber show coming up. I was inspired to dye some roving for a Top down sweater. If you have read my blog for any length of time then you know that I really love making the top down sweater from www.knittingpureandsimple.com . So I ordered 3 pounds of Blue Face Leister wool from wood land wool works. www.spinology.com I wanted to make sure I would have enough to make whatever version that I wanted once the yarn was spun. Its kind of hard to see but the color way is navy blue, light raspberry, mint green and lilac. I figure it was a springy color in the dead of winter and it will also go great with jeans. So far I have spun about 12 ounces, so I have a ways to go but I'm really happy with the way its coming out. Its about a worsted weight yarn and I'm making into a 3 ply so that it will wear better then the usual 2 ply.

No comments: