Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I am knitting too


Will all this dyeing and spinning I am knitting also. Right now I'm working on a sweater from the new book The Natural Knitter. If you have not seen this book its well worth your checking it out. One big not fall is that its kind of pricey. Over 30.00 unless you buy it from Amazon. Anyway this book talks about different yarns and yarn companies. There are in my opinion several patterns that I think are worth my time. The first is the one pictured. Of course you really can't tell. First I'm using Lonestar from Alchemy yarns the color way is Southern View.I have had this yarn for several years just waiting for the right project. I think this sweater is it. The entire sweater is made in garter stitch. You first make the back then the front piece, sew up the shoulders and then pick up and knit the sleeves down. The collar is a rounded scoop neck. The down side is all you do is knit so it does get boring after a while, thus why I'm spinning so much.

No comments: