Sunday, November 05, 2006

What you can make with not so perfectly spun yarn


This scarf is a great example on what you can knit up with not so perfectly spun yarn. This yarn is a silk/merno blend that I spun on my matchless. This was the first yarn I spun the the new wheel I'm not sure if you are like me but when I spin on an new wheel or at least one new to me. Its like I'm learning to spin all over again. As a matter of fact I didn't have the bobbin on right. If you have never spun on a matchless the bobbin ends are different sizes. One is for Double drive which is smaller and the other end is larger for use with scotch tension. Well I had for got that and spun it with the large end on a double drive so the spinning isn't very even or smooth. But I really love the color so I thought I would try to knit something up with it. Its kind of hard to tell but I used the leaf pattern called a world lit but fire from the book Lavish lace by Carol Rasmussen Noble and Cheryl Potter. The neat thing about this pattern you can really see the unevenness of the yarn. As the temps fall I plan to wear this with my black leather coat.

No comments: