Saturday, November 04, 2006

As the days spin by




I have been working on odds and ends for the past week or so the first being the coat I talked about in my last post. But I have been spinning also. I finished my confetti yarn. Its about a worsted weight yarn and I came out with enough to make a top down sweater. I think I will try to get to that after the new year. Last week I got my box from Spunky fibers. This months fiber of the month is called Monster mash. I know the picture isn't very good but, the colors are lime green, lavender, rust and a little bit of grey. Amy thought of this color as if several monsters, the great big purple people eater and the green monster being a couple of them, when on a roller coaster and this is want the mash of colors would look like. The fiber is called Falklands and I have to say I really like it. I spun this rather small and tight, my plan is to knit socks with it. I'm not a real big fan of long socks so I think the 290 yards will be enough to make ankle socks. My last pic is of the next roving I'm working on, I bought this at a new fiber/yarn shop here in Boise. Its called FUZZ. They carry some yarns, but are more of a weaving and spinning store. The neat thing is the store is not to far from where I live so I don't have to travel far to get some fiber when the need comes on.

1 comment:

Leslie Shelor said...

Nice fiber and yarn! The Monster Mask looks like fun!