Monday, October 09, 2006

What I'm working on Now


I have been knitting for other people for so long that is has been fun to be a bit selfish and knit for me. I do have a couple of Christmas gifts to do. I plan to start then next. Right now I'm working on an Einstein coat from Sally Melville's Knitting experience the Knit Stitch book. I have knit this before and really liked how it turned out. The problem with the first one that I did was that I ran out of yarn and the sleeves ended up a bit to short. I have decided to break the rules some. I am using Noro Kureyon. I know its not a bulky weight but I did get gauge on the size 10 needles so I figured why not. I have had this yarn in my stash for a long time and its time to use it. I know the coat is going to be more of a sweater then a coat but that's ok as I have a heavy sweater coat already. I did ask about the yarn change on a knit list that I'm on and was advised not to. Well sometimes I think its a good thing to break a rule or two when it comes to knitting. That's what makes it fun. This has been a great mindless project. I have been taking it with my when I have to run errands. It seems that now that gas prices are dropping so everyone is on the road. I also seem to have the luck of hitting every red light there is, so I have been knitting at stop lights, which help without the road rage that can occur in heavy traffic.

No comments: