Thursday, March 25, 2010

How to knit a love song.....



OK so I am a real nut sometimes. Today is a perfect example. I herd that Rachael Herron of the blog yarnagogo.com fame was coming to Boise to do a book signing for her first book How to knit a love Song. So I went as fast as I could to amazon and ordered the book so that I could read it in plenty of time before she was going to be here, so that I could maybe sound a bit smart as I met her. Well She came to Boise today at a local yarn store called Fuzz. But like most things the timing was terrible. She was at the store at 2PM when I am stuck in my car picking up kids from school. So I wasn't able to go meet her. So now you are asking how the heck did I get her picture. Well I hurried up and read the books so my friend Lynn could take it to the store and get it signed for me. What's even better she did. Oh yea! So I'm not sure who was more nuts me or my friend. Oh well. I really did want to meet her but I figured it was better to go pick up the kids instead.
I do want to tell you all that I did read the book and really did enjoy it. I'm not much for reading romance novels, OK so I really would rather read a good mystery, but once in awhile I do need to branch out. Most romance books have the same old form and there really isn't much of a story to it but I did find that Rachael has a story with romance in it instead of romance with a bit of story,
As a long time mystery reader I did see some of the events coming in the story, but that's OK. I don't want to ruin the story for you but I can spend hours thinking about what it would be like to find I am now a owner of a house full of wool and spinning wheels. If only I knew someone who would leave all that to me. Oh well, I guess I will have do my own collecting.
If you get a chance to ready How to Knit a love song by Rachael Herron please do I think you will enjoy it as much as I did. She will have two more books coming in this series and I can't wait to read them. By the way Racheal has a pattern at the end of the book that is a huge part of the story which I think I will have to knit. I love a good gansey, now I have to figure out if I will make it for me or the DH.

No comments: