Friday, February 15, 2008

Well you know how the best laid plans can go


When it comes to knitting sometimes things can go so wrong is so many ways and so quickly too. I have been working on a top down cable sweater for a while now. I have had to put it down to finish up some Christmas gifts, store samples and other goodies. Well today I was finally able to get back to it. As I was looking it over to find out where I am in the pattern. I got to looking at it and thought humm the collar really looks tall. So I did what any smart person would do. Which is something I don't always do, heck I rarely do. I put the whole thing on a life line and slipped it over my neck. Well if I was a giraffe I was in good shape. Now I wouldn't say I'm neckless either but there was no way I could wear this sweater and not feel like I was recovering from wiplash. So out it will come. I'm not sure what I plan to do with the yarn. I would still like to knit a very classic looking black sweater. That way in about 10 to 15 years when I want a black sweater I will have one already, because I know by then I won't be able to see well enought to knit with black. Oh the pains of getting older. I have been looking at the must have cardigan in the Patons book booklet called Street Smart. I first saw this pattern on the Yarn Harlot's blog earlier this week and am leaning towards knitting it with the black yarn. Yea I know I'm crazy but what else is new.

No comments: