Saturday, February 09, 2008

Gotta love a great swap partner


You know there is nothing better then coming home from a long day at work to find a box waiting for you. Its even better if you get a box from a swap partner. The reason its so great is; one, I didn't pay for the contents and second I have no idea what could be inside. A couple of weeks ago I signed up for a knitting kit swap on Ravelry. The Idea is to send your partner everything they will need to knit up a project. The needles, yarn and pattern. The box I got today was totally cool. Andrea Higdon sent me a knitting kit that included two balls of Knit Pick's Palette in purple and mint, a set of Knit Picks' new wooden DPS and a pattern for color work mitts. Now I'm not totally sure how she knew but I have been wanting to try these needles. I have to be really careful what needles I use as I have an allergy to metal so I have been using wood ones or nylon when I can find them. As you can see on my blog I really love the color green and for the past 6 months or so I have really been getting into purple so this was just great. I need to finish up a couple of other projects so I can get started on these. Thanks Andrea!

1 comment:

Cecile said...

Hi Melanie,

Your box sounds like fun. I hope you'll post some pics of the project over on Ravelry when you get around to it. The yarn and colors are yummy!

I found you because you put my doll sweater in your queue. I'm Ceci.