Sunday, January 27, 2008

Hemlock afghan


OK so when I saw this pattern on Ravelry a few month's back I just fell in love with it. The pattern comes from a 1942 knitted doily. Well someone, OK a lot of someones knit this using Cascade Ecological wool and size 10 needles. I think there is even a yahoo group working on this. I used the same yarn and size needles. It ends up being about 49 inches across so its more of a lap afghan then anything. The pattern does tell you how to make it larger, but I decided to knit it the size I first saw so that I could tell how big it was. I am planning on teaching a class on this afghan in March so I wanted my students to see what size it would come out as. I do think the next time I make this I will make it larger.

3 comments:

Carissa said...

Very pretty! I have the doily version, knitted 3-4 years ago, on our piano!

Rosemary said...

Oooooooohhhh... this is really pretty. I'm off to find it on Ravelry NOW, lol. Thanks!

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing this. It is wonderful and I will now have to add it to my queue.....