Saturday, November 17, 2007

Sock it to me twice questions

The Questions
How long have you been knitting? 10 years
Do you consider yourself beginner, intermediate, advanced? Advanced. I am a knitting teacher by profession
How long have you been knitting socks?10 years off and on but I have really gotten back to socks this last summer.
What are your favorite fibers to work with? wool, alpaca, mainly natural fibers
What is your favorite color? purples and greens
What are your current WIPs (works in progress)? Sweaters for my family for Christmas
Name your favorite yarns, (brand, fibers, colors, etc.). Socks that rock, Koigu,Galway,Cascade Ecco wool
What are some yarns/fibers that you stay away from. Acrylic I'm sorry I just hate it.
What is your family situation? (Married, kids, pets?) Married for 20 years, three girls ages 16, 13 and 9 ( all knitters) and a dog named Tiny who isn't
Name some of your hobbies. In order of love Knitting, Hand spinning, reading, crocheting, tatting, needlepoint
Name some of your favorite movies? Austin Powers, the Thin man series, Quiet man, and Hop a long Cassidy movie. yes I know its a bit all over the place
Do you like to read? yes I love to read a good mystery and Debbie Macomber
Do you collect anything? sheep
Do you own an iPod or mp3 player? not yet waiting for a good sale this holiday season
What are your favorite type of knitting needles? nylon, I have an allergy to metal so I don't use them at all. I also only use circulars for most of my knitting but I use only dps for socks. I love rose wood for socks. My all time favorite are the old Susan Bates grey nylon circulars, but they are hard to find these days. Although I would like to try the new wood ones from Knit Picks.
What knitting notion could you not live without? stitch markers and good needles
Who are some of your favorite designers? Cooke A, the gal that designs the Knitting pure and simple patterns.
Do you subscribe to any magazines? (Knitting or otherwise.) Spin off, Knitters, Interweave Knits, Wool gathering
When is your birthday? 4-26
Do you have a "wishlist", (on Ravelry, Froogle, or Amazon)? Amazon I haven't gotten my wish list going on Ravelry yet.
Do you have a Ravelry ID? yarnsnthreads
If you had a sheep, what would you name it? Winston

No comments: