Friday, October 19, 2007

Baby its cold outside


Well the weather here in Idaho has change, in what seems like over night. As a matter of fact my husband and all his hunting buddy's came home a day early because it was so cold. He said it was snowing every day they were up in the mountains. Well its not quite that cold here in Boise but it is cold enough for my fingerless mitts. So I went to look for them in a basket that I keep all the gloves, mittens and hats for winter. But of course they weren't there. So what is a gal to do? Knit another pair. Yesterday I was looking through my stash for some yarn for projects that my daughters want to make and came across this yarn. I have no idea where it came from or what it is. I do have a strong feeling that its alpaca and maybe some wool. It appears to be hand dyed but not hand spun. I don't remember dyeing it but of course that means nothing. Anyway I used a pattern from the book One Skein Wonders ( don't you just love that book) and knit them up in about an evening. And yes they are warm and fit me like a glove. Sorry

No comments: