Sunday, December 04, 2005

December 4


Well, with Christmas knitting in full swing I thought I would stop and knit an ornament. One of the lists that I'm on called Knitbabyspurprise, which can be found at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/knitbabysurprise/ will offer an ornament pattern each week until Christmas. This little hat is the first in the series. I used some left over Lopi Lite in red. I really like the way Lopi yarns felt. This little guy was felted by hand in the sink. The pattern calls for you to cast on 30 and go from there. I'm sure you can get the pattern from the archives of the list after joining. We like to work on Elizabeth Zimmermann or Meg Swansen patterns. Thus the name. Baby Surprise is a jacket designed by EZ. If you have never made one of these jackets you must give it a try. Its knit in one piece, when you are finished knitting you sew up one seam at the top of the shoulder plan to make an adult sized one this next year.

No comments: