Thursday, December 01, 2005

Dec 1



Well, I finished my Hurry Up Sweater from Elizabeth Zimmermann's book Knitter's Almanac. As you can see, it came out beautifully. And yes it does work up really quick. I think all together It took me about 3 to 3 and half days to knit up. I did make the body of the sweater a bit longer than I wanted but it will work. The ribbing is two rounds of purls on both the bottom and the cuffs. I don't think it worked as well on the bottom as the cuff, so I think it will roll some. I may take the bottom off and change the bottom later. I do like both the color and the yarn. I usually don't use synthetic yarns, but this one worked well. By the way, its Lion brand Woolease Thick and Quick, the color is claret. The great thing is I had to use 3 different dye lots and they seem to blend well. Now that I stopped to make myself a sweater I heading back to Christmas knitting. I have a few things to get finished up by the end of the year so I best get busy.

No comments: