Sunday, November 13, 2005

November 10-

Today I finished reading the book "the Magicians Nephew" by C.S. Lewis. I want to read all the books before I go see the Lion, the Witch and Wardrobe. It has been a long long time sense I read the books. I have to say reading the creation of Narnia has such a visual image for me. I can't help but wonder if this is how our world looked as it was created. I highly recommend this book. There is a quote that has really stuck with me.
..."When you were last here," said Aslan," hallow was a pool, and when you jumped into it you came to the world where a dying sun shone over the ruins of Charn. There is no pool now. That world is ended, as if it had never been. Let the race of Adam and Eve take warning." "Yes Aslan," said both the children. But Polly added"But we're not quite as bad as that world, are we Aslan?" "Not yet, Daughter of Eve," he said. "Not yet. But you are growing more like it."
I think we need to as our selves are we as bad as that and are we growing more like it?
Another great part that rings true. The Children could not get help from Aslan because they did not ask for it. How often do we suffer when all we need to do is ask God for his help. When was the last time you asked?

No comments: