Thursday, August 30, 2012

Gansey #1

I finally have my gansey finished. Although I probably wouldn’t call it a traditional gansey for two reasons. First it was knit with a 2 ply yarn and second it wasn’t knit at a really fight gauge. The reason for this was more practical then tradition. After I gave it some thought. I don’t think I would wear a super heavy sweater so I make it more wearable for me. None the less I am pretty happy with how it came out. My next one I think I will make the gussets a bit smaller. After knitting for years and years this is my first real attempted at knitting a sweater without a pattern or even a clear idea of what I was going to do when I started. I was really hoping to have it completed by the end of the Olympics but it was so hot here (108 for several days) that I wasn’t able to even touch it.
IMG_1220
IMG_1221
Now I just have to have the weather cool down a bit more so I can wear it.

No comments: