Saturday, June 09, 2012

Another crazy idea or two


Sometimes I stop and think to myself, “What the heck am I thinking?” Have you ever done that?  It all started with the idea of knitting a gansey. This year my fiber arts have the theme of getting around to it. This is the year that I get around to making all the projects that I have always wanted to get to be for some reason or other I have never been able to get to them.  On the list is to knit a gansey.  From there the idea was to spin for that very gansey. From there the thought well it’s just about time for the Tour de Fleece so I think I will spin for the gansey during that. Well a week later the Olympics start so hey I can knit my gansey during that. Not a problem. Right! In the mean time I have signed up to attend  SOAR, so again the thought came to me that I could wear said gansey at the fashion show.



  Because of weird events (space being open, like who wouldn’t want to attend a 4 day retreat with Judith) I have the opportunity to attend another fiber retreat a week before SOAR. The topic is designing with Judith Mackenzie.  We are to have our yarn all spun up or at least mostly spun to bring to the class. So my next wild idea was to spin for a Fair Isle sweater, another one of those get around to it on the list. Then I got to thinking heck I seem to be working my way around the British Islands, so maybe I should knit and aran,too. In the mean time I have been working on getting a website built to start promoting my fiber arts. So I have been busy working on samples and designs to get the website up and running by Aug. 1.

Again I am thinking what the heck!

So today I have been working on my yarn for the Fair Isle sweater. I would like to have it all done before the tour starts (2 pounds). I was gone for most of the morning teaching a weaving class, so I wasn’t able to get as much as I wanted. The fiber is Falkland that I had in my stash for a while. I think I bought it from Spunky Eclectic. It’s spinning like a dream.

No comments: