Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A little bit of knitting and a little bit of spinning well sort of

Even though its the busy season I have been able to get a few things done.

First up a Hemlock tam. This was the Oct. 2010 Fondle this spinning kit. The yarn is 100% Cormo. Which is one of my favorite breeds of fleece.  The good news it does fit.
Love it.


Then I did some spinning type of things. OK so I got my Abby on. At my spinning group's Christmas party we have a fibery white elephant gift exchange and I usually end up with something fun. This year was no different. I came home with a basket full of assorted fibers, in all kinds of jewel tone colors. There really wasn't enough of one thing to make a project with, so I ran it all through the drum carder and this is what came out. It was mostly wool but there was some nylon, and I added some angora and glitz for good measure.

No comments: