Monday, November 30, 2009

What is really the important things

When I started this blog way back I really meant for it to be a reflection of my life, my family, my faith and my fiber. Well it has turned out to be more about my fiber then anything. Fiber is an important part of who I am, after all I do knit and spin just about every day. I also spend a lot of time thinking about what my next projects will be, how can I buy whatever the "new" thing is. But of late I have really been thinking a lot about what really is important. Over the past two years we have had a lot of deaths in our lives. My father in law, my grandmother, my aunt and her sister, a couple of friends, a teen girl that was friends with my oldest daughter, My DH's best friend and this past weekend my DH's boss. It kind of makes you think about what really is important. Does having the most fiber really matter?

Not that I am saying buying fiber it a bad thing, because I have and still plan to add to my stash, But the question should be how can I use my stash for more important things. Like can I use my stash to make things for people, not just the ones I love but how about people I have never met. I bet I can use some really neat fiber to spin and knit mittens for kids who may not have a home. Or I can knit a shawl and give it to someone who is going through a hard time. I bet we can all find some ways to use our stash to bless someone else which in turn blesses us. If you have any great ideas let me know.


Although fiber is a huge part of my life its not the only part and I would even say its not even the biggest part or the most important part so I plan to start sharing more of all the things that are important in my life. I also would like to encourage you to think about what it the important things in life? Is it really who is on Oprah today or what is the latest hair style or even I just saw a new spinning wheel I really have to have it? Now go and hug someone that is important to you, then go dig through your stash and find something to make for someone who needs to be blessed today, or if you are like me in a couple of month because it will take me that long to spin and knit it up.

No comments: