Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Inspiration! Where do you get yours


So for the past week or so I have been doing a lot of thinking about inspiration and where it comes from. As I talk about in previous posts I was so blessed to be able to attend SOAR this past month. I have to say it really was a bucket list type of event for me. I will talk more in future posts, because I gained so much knowledge and inspiration. But now that I am two weeks away from SOAR and I am beginning to think about what projects I want to make either for Christmas gifts or because I just can't stop thinking about it.

At SOAR I took 5 classes those being Secrets of lace ( learning to spin, design and create the lace you want),perfect plying,spinning for next to skin,American long draw,and drumcarding. Never fear I will post about each class later either this week or next. One of the neatest things that we did at SOAR was to do a show and tell. After the three day workshop everyone who took a class was asked to display what they learned so that everyone could see about the classes. Now I totally loved the lace class and I know I will have all kinds of designs to come from it. But I also wish we could have signed up for another class after seeing all the fun things people did. Its kind of funny I went to SOAR not really interested in weaving but after the show and tell I was bitten hard by the bug. So now, after I recover from all the cash out flow I am thinking I need to get a smaller rigid heddle loom. I am glad I wasn't in the class because some of the students were up all night spinning so that they would have the needed yarn for the next day. I really enjoyed the results that they came up with.
I as also inspired by the fall colors that were on display at Sunriver. I can't even count all the really neat knits that I saw and have been inspired to spin and knit in the future.
So my question to you is Where do you get your inspiration? Please leave a comment and let us all know where it comes from with you.

No comments: