Friday, February 06, 2009

Some of my finished UFO's


Here are a few of my finished UFO's that I did before the New year. These mittens are wool and lined with angora. Yes I did say lined. The pattern can be found in an older Spin off magazine. The hat comes from Mountain colors. I want to make a hat and mitten set that went with my coat.


The cowl pattern comes from the Winter issue of Knitty. The yarn is handspun soysilk



This baby afghan is one of my all time favorites. The pattern comes from a Leisure Arts book called Quick afghan. It takes only 14 ounces of worsted weight yarn. Usually when I make an afghan before I know if its going to be a boy or girl I pick the wrong color. Not this time. They are having a girl.




These are the jaywalker socks made from Noro sock. I have to say I'm not a huge fan of Noro sock yarns. I'm not sure the single ply will hold up to wear. Plus there was some real thin spots and some really thick spots. I am wearing them so we will see how long they hold up.

1 comment:

My Little Room In The Corner said...

Love the hat and mittens. And lined mittens are so decadent. Have made some in the past. Keep up with the finishing! That way I can live vicariously through yours.