Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Monkey Sock -why not swap

OK so as you all know I am on a sock kick this summer. One pattern I have really wanted to try but just haven't gotten to yet is Cookie A.'s Monkey sock from Knitty.com. Well I came across a monkey swap blog and I just had to sign up. Not only will I get to make up this pattern but I will make it for someone else and someone will be making me a pair, sooooooooo I can't wait to get started. If this sounds like fun to you why not check out the the blog.http://monkey-sock-swap.blogspot.com but hurry sign up end on the 31st of August.
Below are my answers to my monkey questionnaire.
Monkey Sock Swap THREE Questionnaire
The basics:
Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you could probably knit a pair in your sleep? In my sleep
The measurements:
Shoe Size: Foot circumference: 8 inches
Foot length: 9 inches ( I wear a size 6 1/2 to 7 shoe)
Yarn Preferences:What colors do you love? green, purple, most jewel tones
Do you prefer solids or variegated? both
Do you prefer wool, cotton or acrylic yarn? wool ( hate acrylic)
What colors would you never wear? orange
What are your favorite brands of yarn? online, Koigu, JaWoll
Are there any new brands you would like to try? Cherry Tree Hill, and Socks that rock
Cookie A. Patterns: Which of her patterns have you already knit? Twinkle toes
Which pattern(s) would you like to knit and don’t already own? Twisted flower
Other pertinent information:
Would you be willing to have an international Monkey Pal or do you prefer one in the US? US
Do you have any allergies? walnuts
Will your knitting be exposed to smoke or animals? dogs
Are you on Ravelry yet? If you don’t mind having new friends, what is your Ravelry name? not yet but I'm on the list

1 comment:

Holly said...

Oooh, drat! And here I was trying to resist!