1. How long have you been spinning? What skill level do you consider yourself? I have been spining for about 7 years. I would say I am intermediate with leanings to advanced
2. What kinds of yarn do you create (singles/2-ply/3-ply/art yarn)? Well I would have to say all of the above. I usually do 2 plys but I also do 3plys and art yarn often.
3. What do you spin with (spindle/wheel/both)? both
4. What are your favorite fibers to spin with? Anything you don't like? wool is my favorite but I also like exotics. I really hate cotton even though I can spin it.
5. Who are your favorite fiber sources (etsy or otherwise)? Spunky Fibers
6. What kind of fiber do you want to try? boy I don't know I have tried quite a few. I always love to try new rare breeds of wool.
7. Is there any techniques you would like to learn? not that I can think of at the moment
8. Do you dye fiber? If not, would you like to learn? yes
9. Do you have fiber prep tools (and like to use them) or would you prefer ready to spin fiber?I do have the tools but I would much rather have ready to go fibers, so that I can get to spinning as fast as possible.
10. What do you do with your handspun? What projects have you completed? Knitting and crochet. I don't know how to weave yet. I have finished quite a few as you can see on my blog
11. Are you in need of any spinning gadgets (WPI Gauge, threading hook, etc)?I love a good new gadget
12. What colors "fall into your shopping basket"? Greens and purples or jeweltones and naturals are neat too. Any colors you just can't stand? pastels
13. What is on your wheel/spindle right now? Last month's Spunky fiber club.
14. What other crafts/hobbies do you have?Knitting, crochet, tatting, needlepoint
15. Other than crafts, what are you passionate about? My day job is a Needlearts teacher so I will say I am passionate about all the needlearts
16. Do you have an online wishlist? no
17. Is there anything that you collect?Sheep
18. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What magazine subscriptions do you have? I can't think of any books that I don't already have. I subscribe to Spin Off
19. When is your birthday? April 26
20. What book or movie character do you most resemble in personality? I would have to say Abbott and Costello
21. What is the climate like where you live around this time (need to know for careful shipments of anything meltable)? Right now its realllllllly hot. Boise is actually in a high desert so we will have hotter temps through Sept and maybe Oct.
22. Tell us one weird fact about yourself! I am a huge Seattle Mariners fan. Yea I know but to be a Mariners fan you have be dedicated
favorite painting/picture(link): can't think of one
Candy: Sugar free Dark Chocolate
Food: this time of year Fruit
Drink: Decaf sugar free moca
Movie(s): I love a good old musical comedy from the 30's and 40's
TV Show(s): Chuck, Heros
Guilty Pleasure(s): Dark Chocolate