Thursday, February 16, 2006

Feb 15- the sock


My first sock is coming along quite well, I should be done in the next day or so. Right now I'm on my foot. By the way the pattern comes from Interweave Knits Fall 2005. The designer is Nancy Bush. If you have never giver one of her sock patterns a try , you might think about it. Nancy's latest book is called Knitting Vintage Socks. What she has done is take sock patterns from Weldon's Practical Needlework and re-worked them so that we can follow along.These books were written between 1886 and the 1920's. This one is a retooled gentleman's bicycle sock. So the heel is a bit different then the usual ones. I have had a bit of trouble working on the small needles and using a cable needle especially when my fingers are cold. I do like how its progressing though.

No comments: